On January 11-12, 2017, the BWC TTA team convened a regional meeting in Phoenix, AZ. The meeting was facilitated by members of the BWC TTA team as well as BWC TTA subject matter experts. Goals of the regional meeting included:
1. Deliver technical assistance to command staff – Chiefs, Deputy Chiefs and high-ranking staff from PIP sites.
2. Facilitate peer-to-peer learning and networking experiences for law enforcement command staff.
3. Discuss the development and implementation of body worn camera policy.
4. Provide Chiefs and command staff with what we know, what we do not know, and how to work with officers, prosecutors, communities, and the media regarding the implementation of body-worn cameras.
5. Provide interactive and useful training/TA to attendees
6. Explain the array of TTA resources and how to access them
Regional Meeting Materials
- BWC Policy Issues and Trends
- BWC Training Guide
- BWC Facilitator Training Guide
- Phoenix Police BWC Compliance
- Challenges and Solutions: Implementing Body Worn Cameras in the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department
- The Latest Finding From Research in Tempe (AZ) and Spokane (WA)
- Results from BWC Implementation in Phoenix, AZ
- A Randomized Controlled Trial of Impact on Use of Force, Citizen Complaints, and Community Trust
- Technology Considerations: Video Analytics and Redaction
- Meeting Summary Report